An Enhanced Youth Refuge Response initiative based on multi disciplinary intervention, BOOST responds to the immediate situation and needs of the young person or young family. The program is designed for young people with multiple needs who are disconnected from their community, allied support and mainstream services and are floating in and out of the homelessness service system.
The program also responds to young people who are at risk of entering into homelessness and works with the young person and family to prevent this from occurring.
What does the Program offer?
BOOST utilises an intensive case management practice framework and a multidisciplinary team approach in delivering services to young people experiencing homelessness including:
- 5-night stay bed (when available)
- housing support
- linkages into the community
- role modelling and mentoring
- referral pathways
- living skills
- budgeting assistance
- advice and information
Who is eligible?
Young people who are:
- 16 - 25 years of age—young people who are pregnant and/or parenting are a core part of the target group
- linked to the North and North-West Metropolitan region of Melbourne
- homeless or at risk of being homeless and in crisis
How can young people enter this Program?
Please contact your nearest access point(s) listed on this page to find out more about entering this Program.
- HYDDI >