Hope Street currently has the following career opportunity for people to join one of our teams:
Hope to Home Community Integration Facilitator
Part-time position, 0.6 EFT (45.6 hours per fortnight)
Hope Street have recently partnered with the Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation and a local real estate business to implement the Hope to Home in Whittlesea initiative. Hope to Home will assist up to 30 young people in the City of Whittlesea who have been homeless and experienced family violence and who, having reached relative stability through existing Hope Street and other partner agencies programs, are likely to succeed in private rental accommodation, given initial support.
Key Selection Criteria
Each selection criteria is to be addressed separately.
- Formal tertiary qualifications in social sciences, youth work, community development or other related discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues involved in delivering programs and services to young people with complex needs; including but not limited to youth homelessness
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability (experience) to broker effective partnerships with a range of business and community organisations
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of community development principles in forging relationships with other appropriate services, groups and agencies
- Demonstrated experience in workshop facilitation
- Sound written skills including writing reports, submissions, minutes, letters
- Competency in using contemporary software applications and capacity to maintain appropriate records and files.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory police record check prior to commencement and applicants are required to hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence.
Hope Street encourages applications from suitably qualified people from a diverse range of racial, social, cultural, gender and disability backgrounds that reflect our community.
Applications are to be emailed to Bruce Tucker, Operations Manager, using the subject line: Hope to Home Community Integration Facilitator application via Hope Street Website, at by Monday 03 April 2017.
For any other employment opportunities at Hope Street to join one of our teams, please refer to the following websites: