Hope Street currently has the following career opportunities for people to join one of our teams:
Part-time, fixed-term position (63 hours per fortnight)
Classification: SCHCADS Award 2010, Level 4
If you are a passionate, objective and hands-on Case Manager that has experience with young people in an assertive outreach capacity and can demonstrate reflective and evidence-based practice, we want to hear from you!
This is a great opportunity for a dedicated, open-minded outreach worker for our First Response Youth Mobile Outreach Service in Melton, close to public transport.
Through an assertive outreach model, in this role you will proactively:
- seek and assist young people or families who are sleeping rough in the City of Melton and surrounding LGA;
- respond to enquiries, agency referrals and engage with young people or families at risk of, or experiencing homelessness;
- build and maintain collaborative relationships with surrounding local government agencies, emergency departments, schools and referrals;
- utilise assessment tools including initial assessment and planning to identify client and resource requirements;
- provide advocacy where required, immediate support and information, including referral to the wider community services networks in Melton; and
- provide intensive case management support to assist with accessing appropriate homelessness services as well as diversion from the homelessness service system.
You will be available to work a set fortnightly roster Monday to Sunday, with varying shifts (9:30 am to 5:00pm) and (3:30 pm – 10:30pm).
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation where you can have a real impact and be part of a team achieving quality outcomes for young people.
Please refer to the Position Description below for more information about the role.
We Can Offer You
- A passionate, collaborative case management and community support team.
- A fixed-term contract until June 2022 - Part-time 63 hrs per fortnight.
- Attractive penalty rates for evening, weekend shifts.
- NFP salary concessions - Receive up to $18,450 of your salary tax free.
- You have a Bachelor Degree qualification in Social Work, Youth Work, Family Therapy, Psychology or other health/welfare related area.
- You have demonstrated experience working with young people who are at risk or experiencing homelessness and an understanding of allied services best placed to support and divert young people from homelessness.
- You have knowledge and experience of reflective evidence-based practice and trauma-informed practice frameworks.
- Your friendly, open-minded and determined nature means that you can build relationships quickly with clients in crisis and from diverse cultural backgrounds; and key stakeholders in the community.
- You have highly-developed communications skills including writing, listening, negotiation, problem solving, decision making and advocacy.
- You are highly competent using Microsoft applications and Case Management Software and assessment tools.
Please provide a cover letter addressed to Shai Diner, Programs Manager (North West), a statement addressing the key selection criteria, and your resume.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be shortlisted. Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications are to be emailed using the subject line Att: Shai Diner, Programs Manager (North West) - Case Manager (Outreach) application via Hope Street Website to by midnight on Monday 26 April 2021.
Hope Street is a child safe organisation and is committed to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Hope Street is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check prior to commencement of any work.
Hope Street encourages applications from qualified candidates from a diverse range of racial, social, cultural, gender and disability backgrounds that reflect our community.
For any other employment opportunities to join one of our teams at Hope Street, please refer to the following websites: