Hope Street currently has the following career opportunities for people to join one of our teams:
Melton, Team Leader (Youth Refuge Service)
Full-time 12-month contract position
Classification: Level 5, SCHCADS
- Opportunity to work in a new purpose-built youth refuge in Melton close to public transport
- NFP salary packaging up to $18,450 of your salary tax free
If you can lead, motivate and support your team to deliver effective services to young people in a crisis accommodation setting, we want to hear from you!
This is an excellent opportunity for a positive and dedicated individual to join our Leadership Team and hold responsibility for the day to day operations of our purpose-built First Response Youth Refuge in Melton.
In this role you will:
- provide leadership and direction to the crisis accommodation team: 6 residential youth workers and 2 case managers;
- establish a culture of service excellence where optimal outcomes for young people are achieved;
- through reporting to and with the oversight of the Programs Manager, ensure compliance in all operational areas including service delivery, risk management and quality improvement.
Join an organisation where you can have a real impact and be part of a high-performing team achieving quality outcomes in the community.
- You have a Bachelor Degree qualification in Youth Work, Social Work, Family Therapy, Psychology, or other health/welfare related qualifications.
- You are an experienced team leader with strong people management skills and pride yourself on your ability to deliver effective client-centred services to young people in crisis within a case management framework and therapeutic approaches within a multi-disciplinary team.
- You have great relationship-building skills which have seen you motivate a team to achieve quality outcomes.
- You have highly-developed communication skills at all levels, particularly in active listening, negotiation, problem solving and report writing.
- You will also have strong knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office applications and Case Management software.
Hope Street encourages applications from qualified candidates from a diverse range of racial, social, cultural, gender and disability backgrounds that reflect our community.
Please provide a cover letter addressed to Citshela Ndlovu, Programs Manager (North West), a statement addressing the key selection criteria, and your resume.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be shortlisted.
Applications are to be emailed using the subject line Att: Citshela Ndlovu, Programs Manager (North West) - Melton, Team Leader (Youth Refuge Service) application via Hope Street Website to by midnight on Sunday 08 November 2020.
Note: successful applicants will need to undergo the following checks and licences:
- National Police check
- Current Working With Children Check
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
For any other employment opportunities to join one of our teams at Hope Street, please refer to the following websites: