Management and staff are committed to the delivery of responsive and comprehensive services to young people and our communities in accordance with the values, philosophy and standards of our organisation.
A significant factor in achieving this is ongoing strengthening of our specialist expertise in:
- Knowledge and skills in delivering services to young people who are homeless and in crisis;
- Responding to young people with mental health needs, working with accompanying children, working with young people from CALD communities, family violence, drug and alcohol;
- Youth specific policies and practice;
Hope Street’s expertise is supported by:
- Employment of staff with appropriate specialist tertiary qualifications such as social work, youth work and psychology and the provisions of ongoing professional development
- Clear and comprehensive evidenced based policies, procedures and systems
- Established relationships with a range of community programs and initiatives for best matched client linkages and service provision
- Dedicated resources to achieve optimum outcomes with clients within the case management process
- Dedicated resources for program and staff support and development
Hope Street is a committed and well respected organisation with a demonstrated ability to provide sound client focused services and programs. The organisation demonstrates an embedded commitment to the provision of services that are reflective of the individual's needs and support empowerment and community connection. Hope Street's knowledge and understanding of the various complexities involved when providing a service to those affected by homelessness is to be commended.
Hope Street present as an organisation committed to continual improvement through strong systems, partnering and quality service delivery, with an emphasis on contributing to good practice and capacity building. The organisation demonstrates commitment to integrating its approach to safety and quality within each of its programs. They have recently undertaken a considerable amount of development in all areas to ensure their systems are established, integrated and maintained. The Assessment Team would like to commend the organisation on an excellent assessment.
QIP Accreditation Report, 2016, page 9