Management and staff are committed to the delivery of responsive and comprehensive services to young people and our communities in accordance with the values, philosophy and standards of our organisation.
A significant factor in achieving this is ongoing strengthening of our specialist expertise in:
- Knowledge and skills in delivering services to young people who are homeless and in crisis;
- Responding to young people with mental health needs, working with accompanying children, working with young people from CALD communities, family violence, drug and alcohol;
- Youth specific policies and practice;
Hope Street’s expertise is supported by:
- Employment of staff with appropriate specialist tertiary qualifications such as social work, youth work and psychology and the provisions of ongoing professional development
- Clear and comprehensive evidenced based policies, procedures and systems
- Established relationships with a range of community programs and initiatives for best matched client linkages and service provision
- Dedicated resources to achieve optimum outcomes with clients within the case management process
- Dedicated resources for program and staff support and development
Hope Street was thrilled to be one of only three finalists in the Community Contribution Award category of the 2019 Melton Business Excellence Awards. The awards acknowledge the great contributions that local organisations make to the City of Melton. Our teams in Melton do an amazing job at supporting young people who are experiencing homelessness, through our youth refuge program, our mobile outreach service and our youth foyer-like model of supported transitional housing.
Hope Street has a proud legacy of client centred approach and its service delivery staff live and breathe its mission of a society that values and meets the needs and rights of young people and ensures that no young person should have to face a night without a safe roof over their head. Staff are to be commended for their commitment to using a rights-based approach in working with young people to build their capacity to live independent lives, while providing safe places and clinical and psycho-social supports tailored to their needs and aspirations.
Stakeholders commented on joint contributions with Hope Street to the sector policy positions aimed at presenting a unified and coherent view of the issues in youth homelessness services. They appreciated the extensive range of services made available by Hope Street and the openness of the organisation to feedback. There is substantial evidence that Hope Street's services and programs derive from a deep understanding of the needs and issues of its young clients and, backed by data and research, lead to community place-based innovation.
-- Quality Innovation Performance Accreditation Report, April 2019, page 5
My passion in guiding children and young people to reach their full potential saw me serve on Hope Street's Corporate Committee for many years, with a view to assisting Hope Street increase its profile amongst corporates, philanthropy and various state and local government operations.
My initial views of Hope Street were of an organisation with the right foundations and commitment capable of making a greater difference across the community. When I was invited onto the Committee it was an easy decision. The Committee has assisted Hope Street with strategic direction, raising funds and increasing its profile in a number of ways with various events and other activities in line with its mandate.
In a personal sense my time on the Corporate Committee gave me a greater understanding of the solutions available, their effectiveness and the incredible support on offer from the communities in which Hope Street operate.
Hope Street continually "punches above its weight" in the sector in which it operates, it runs a lean administration and its focus continues to be on those who need its help.
-- Paul Baulch, Director, Reactivate Group
Read more testimonials