The Youth Residential program provides crisis accommodation and 24/7 support to young people and young families who reside in the Hope Street refuge in Brunswick West. This is a safe place where young people and their children are supported to move from a situation of crisis, uncertainty and risk to a situation of calm and empowerment to make decisions about their own lives.
What does the program offer?
- Accommodation for up to seven young people
- Two-bedroom Family Unit for young people and their accompanying children
- Overnight and weekend emergency accommodation, when capacity allows
- Safe and stable environment, meals, basic clothing and toiletry supplies
- Case management support
- Access to a visiting nurse
- Access to the Youth Reconciliation program and HYDDI
- Living Skills Program
- Information/education sessions eg financial, employment, legal, health matters
How can young people enter this program?
Young people must be:
- 16 - 25 years of age—priority given to young people under 21 years of age and who are from the Merri-bek and Hume local government areas
- (at risk of) experiencing homelessness
- linked to the North and North-West Metropolitan region of Melbourne
Please contact your nearest access point(s) listed on this page to find out more about entering this program.
Learn more about the young people supported, and our impact, from our latest Annual Report.