The social media channels used by Hope Street Youth and Family Services of Victoria, Australia (hereafter referred to as 'Hope Street') are positive places where you can:
- Feel comfortable connecting and sharing with others
- Learn more about the issues affecting young people and young families who are homeless or at risk of being homeless – and how you can help
- Find out who we are and what we do
If you are a young person or a young family who is (at risk of being) homeless, please find and contact your nearest Homelessness Access Point.
View our website pages for further information or general enquiries about Hope Street.
We reserve the right to remove any posts that are:
- Discriminatory, demeaning or inflammatory
- Obscene or use graphic sexual language
- Dogmatic, such as setting out courses of action as "the only way"
- Defamatory or overly critical of individuals, services or organisations
- Unlawful or inciting others to break the law
- Providing misleading, inaccurate, inappropriate or unhelpful advice/information, eg blaming a person for being homeless or experiencing depression
- Offensive, harmful or distressing for any other reason
- Considered as spam
- Posted for commercial purposes
Hope Street does not condone cyber-bullying and will report this via the relevant social media channel, where necessary.
We will also remove any unsolicited posts promoting organisations, products and services. No product or service will be posted on our social media channels.
Our social media channels are not normally administered out of business hours, over the weekend or on public holidays.
Hope Street can take no responsibility for any interactions social media users may have on or off our social media channels.
Please refer to our Privacy & Safety and Disclaimer pages for further information about your use of this website.