Hope Street plans to establish a First Response Youth Service in the City of Whittlesea (LGA), a growth corridor reporting high rates of youth homelessness.
The Hope Street First Response Youth Service in Whittlesea (LGA) incorporates construction of a purpose-built 13 bedroom supported crisis accommodation centre (youth refuge), offering a 24/7 wrap-around response and case management support to young people and young families. The service will:
- Provide youth focused and supported crisis accommodation to 100 young people per year
- Provide mobile outreach services to 120 young people per year
- Provide strength-based, solution-focused, holistic wrap-around case management and integrated support
- Respond to complex issues and needs, making appropriate referrals to specialist support
- Assist young people with the transition to new living arrangements
- Link young people with supports in their local communities, as part of a local place response
- Provide support onsite 24/7, 365 days per year in the refuge, plus after-hours service via the mobile outreach component
July 2023 sees construction commence on the First Response Youth Service in Whittlesea.
Donate now to help support young people and young families who don't have a safe place to call home. Thank you!