Hope Street plans to establish a First Response Youth Service in the City of Whittlesea, a growth corridor reporting high rates of youth homelessness.
The Hope Street First Response Youth Service in Whittlesea will incorporate construction of a purpose-built 13 bedroom supported crisis accommodation centre (youth refuge) and will also offer a 24/7 wrap-around response including a mobile outreach component. The service aims to:
- Provide crisis accommodation to 100 young people per year
- Provide mobile outreach services to 120 young people per year
- Provide holistic, wrap-around case management and integrated support
- Respond to complex issues and needs, making appropriate referrals to specialist support
- Assist young people with the transition to new living arrangements
- Link young people with supports in their local communities, as part of a local place response
- Provide support onsite 24/7, 365 days per year in the refuge, plus after-hours service via the mobile outreach component
In 2021 as a priority, Hope Street will progress our work with the local community to establish a First Response Youth Service in the City of Whittlesea. We have invested resources to bring the project to a ‘shovel ready’ stage to expedite the project and construction commencement and completion. For further information about the project, please contact Frank Scifo, Business Development and Partnerships Manager, at .
Donate now to help support young people and young families who don't have a safe place to call home. Thank you!