The CEO of Hope Street, Donna Bennett, thanks all participants for helping to make our Hope Street 2014 – Youth Homelessness Specialist Response Forum held on the 9th of May a great success.
The themes of the Forum were Rapid Housing for Young people and Early intervention and Short Term Responses to divert young people from the Homelessness Service System.
Feedback received about the Forum was overwhelmingly positive and we include some of the direct quotes here along with a number of documents you can download for further reading.
What people liked most about the Forum
- “Interaction between participants and facilitators. Client Testimonies. Strategies to overcome challenges. Networking, building working relationships. Sharing practice skills, knowledge and wisdom.”
- “Young people telling of their experiences and what worked well. Hearing a real estate agents’ perspective and tips.”
- “Easy going nature, but informative.”
- “Nicholas from Ray White. Great info and ideas.”
- “The information provided re: private rental which is our biggest area of working with young people but the area we struggle the most with. Always great to have young people speaking.”
- “Great listening to young peoples’ presentation. Real Estate Agent’s presentation was very informative with excellent tips and strategies. Great hearing about Boost. Already knew about Private Rental Brokerage Program but always good to hear again. Interesting to hear about not for profit Real Estate Agency. Overall Good.”
- “I found it very useful. No complaints.”
- “Everything was great. Very new sector for me so it was very educational.”
- “Stories from young people. Variation of speakers. Gaining knowledge from speakers. Opportunity to network. Food.”
- “Positive focus on solutions/outcomes. Youth Specific. Realistic options from speakers. Young people’s presentation. Location – Nth East Rather than Inner Metro. Having a real estate presentation.”
- “Range of speakers. Young people speaking.”
A special thank you to all of our guest speakers:
- Ksenya Kupres (Hope Street Youth & Family Services)
- Nevine Jadar (Guest Speaker)
- Eddie Arabi (Guest Speaker)
- Nicholas Cannavo (Ray White Real Estate)
- Jack Te’ Teira (VincentCare Housing Services, Private Rental Brokerage Program)
- John Owen (Homeground Housing Services, Private Rental)
- Ty Johnson (VincentCare Housing Services, Mental Health Private Rental Brokerage Program)
As stated on the day, you can download the following documents: